Monday, April 4, 2011

Garden seedlings

Our seedlings have been rather quiet under our late March cold snap. The sunshine today should really get them going. We received a few more seedlings from my husband's Aunt and it'll give us some variety in tomatoes.

Our tomato seedlings, trying really hard!

Go little guys go!

I'm not sure how our peas, radishes and lettuce will do as the "weed and seed" has gone down on the lawn. I quote a fellow outdoor enthusiast "Naturalists make terrible gardeners and lawn owners."

I'll admit it. I LIKE chickweed! It saved our little pea seedlings from the hail impact. I LIKE violets; I think they're neat little spring flowers and display a neat evolutionary choice in both asexual and sexual reproduction.

I don't think I'll ever really understand the American ideal of a beautiful monoculture of even size grass.

Oh well, that's how it goes till we own our own place!

PS--Aren't the baby tomatoes cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment